Help Feed The Animals at TCWR
Thank you for choosing to make a donation to help us purchase food for the animals that call Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge home. You can choose to make a one-time donation or a recurring donation to our food fun.
Feeding the animals at the Refuge costs a lot of money. We have some wonderful donors that donate food, but we still have some food items that need to be purchased. Special diet food for older cats, fresh fruits and veggies for our bears, extra additives to make food nutritionally balanced for the animals, boneless meat, treats, and other miscellaneous items. These additional items can cost around $12,000 a month. Your donation to the food fund helps us make sure our animals get all the special food that they need.
- We are feeding approximately 16,000+ lbs of meat per month
- In May of 2018, we fed out an average 511.23 lbs of meat per day.
- It costs $14.25 per day to feed 1 bear
- A tiger can eat 10-15 lbs of meat per day
- It can cost up to $30 per day to feed a big cat on a specialty diet
Disclaimer: Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge (Turpentine Creek Foundation Inc.) reserves the right to move donated money as needed to provide for the animals in our care and to keep the nonprofit running. Any donations received over and above the budget for the designated fund will be put into the general fund.
Tax ID: 71-0721742