Only Three Weeks Left!
November 11, 2020
We have set a fundraising goal of $50,000, which will be used to continue our mission to #GiveFreedom to animals trapped in the Big Cat Trade.
As you know, we were forced to temporarily close our doors during one of the busiest times of the year due to the COVID-19 pandemic and have been forced to operate at a limited-visitor capacity for safety. This year, we also happened to #GiveFreedom to twelve animals in 2020; at a cost of about $10,000 to care for a single animal, that equates to an extra $120,000 needed to care for the new rescues.
Our focus for this year’s fundraising day is #GiveFreedom. Funds donated will support both current animal residents and future rescues. What does freedom look like to an animal rescued from the Big Cat Trade, especially one that can’t be released into the wild?
To #GiveFreedom to Survivors of the Trade means providing large spaces that put grass beneath their feet and natural features, such as trees and rocks, around them.
To #GiveFreedom to Survivors of the Trade means providing items that allow them to use their natural instincts and engage all their senses: pouncing, stalking, running, sniffing, tasting, auditory, vocal, tactile.
To #GiveFreedom to Survivors of the Trade means providing medical care to keep them free from pain and sickness, allowing them to live life to its fullest.
To #GiveFreedom to Survivors of the Trade means providing a reliable, healthy diet and clean, fresh water so they never have to wonder when their next meal will be.
Finally, to #GiveFreedom to Survivors of the Trade means rescuing those who still need saving. We never know when we will get a call for help and need to step up and step in to free an animal from the Trade. Donations allow us to move at a moment’s notice to save animals and provide any immediate care they need.
Donations on Giving Tuesday, December 1, can be made at tcwr.org/gt or through social media at Facebook.com/TurpentineCreekWildlifeRefuge.
For those who wish to mail checks, please send them at least a week before to:
Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge 239 Turpentine Creek Lane, Eureka Springs, AR, 72632
Please write “Giving Tuesday” in the “for” section of your checks.
We will be giving away a variety of prizes as we reach mini-milestones towards our Giving Tuesday goal. The prizes will be given away once we have raised certain amounts of money for the animals!:
- $1,000 raised: 3 people will win a digital download of the animal resident of their choice
- $5,000 raised: 3 people will win a $10 Big Cat Bucks Gift Card
- $10,000 raised: 2 people win a “Family Fun Pack” (4 tickets, calendar, newsletter, other goodies)
- $15,000 raised: One person will win a Big Cat Call Out
- $20,000 raised: One person will win a private virtual tour
- $25,000 raised: Halfway! Two people will win a paw painting and enrichment keychain/ornament
- $30,000 raised: One person will win a paw painting
- $35,000 raised: One person will win a paw painting
- $40,000 raised: One person will win a paw painting and Big Cat Call Out
- $45,000 raised: One person will win a Paw Painting
- $50,000 raised: One person wins a weekday lodging stay, private virtual tour, and paw painting
The give-aways will occur on social media and are open to anyone and everyone, no donation required.
To stay up-to-date on the Giving Tuesday fun coming up December 1, 2020, please “Like” Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge on Facebook and click “Going” to our Giving Tuesday at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge event.
For ideas on how to get involved beyond monetary support, please go to tcwr.org/gt.