Join us for Giving Tuesday 2018
November 21, 2018
At TCWR, our goal is to provide lifelong Refuge for animals in need. “Refuge” can be defined as, “a condition of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or trouble.” Not only do we provide a safe environment for our animal residents free from exploitation and abuse, but we also support their overall well-being by giving them the necessary health care and spacious, naturalistic habitats. By contributing to our #GivingTuesday goal of $35,000 on November 27, you are giving our animal residents refuge and all that coincides, including life-long health and a safe, stable home environment.
Here are just a few things that your dollars can do:
- The $7,000 portable dental x-ray generator will help animals like Roman, who suffer from frequent dental issues due to poor breeding. This machine will allow us to quickly identify current maladies and do preventative care to keep future problems at bay.
- The $2,050 Panoptic iExaminer Digital Imaging Kit + Digital Macroview Veterinary Otoscope will provide us with the technology to have a magnified view of the back of the eyes, eardrums, nasal cavities, mouths, and throats or our animal residents while taking and saving digital images for our records. Kitty Cougar is only one of the animals who will benefit from this machine; we are carefully monitoring a disruption in her vision, which is not uncommon with her age.
- Gel X-ray/Surgery positioners ($326 for a set of two) give us the ability to position large carnivores for certain X-rays and surgical procedures, especially when the abdomen is involved. These devices keep the animals upright, straight, and stationary and the soft gel is gentle on their skin and prevents the occlusion of vessels and pressure on nerves that harder surfaces can cause. Blackfire and his other three siblings have a history of abdominal issues from their deformed pelvis’s; the positioners will allow us to investigate and treat their problems and the problems of those like them in an efficient manner.
- Tool sets of sockets, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers ($116.49), an impact wrench with a 6” anvil ($657.99), and even a service tablet ($380) will not only allow us to maintain the habitats themselves but also keep our work vehicles up and running.
Because a private donor will be contributing a $5,000 match, your donations will go even farther! To say, “thank you,” we will be doing special giveaways throughout the day as we reach our mini goals:
- Once we reach $5,000, we will give away one $10 reloadable Big Cat Bucks gift card, which can be used to purchase anything through our on-site or online store.
- At $10,000, three people will be given official TCWR coloring books, which are fun for children and adults, alike!
- When we hit $15,000, we will draw the names of 3 lucky people to win a 2019 calendar!
- At our halfway point, $17,500, we have a special treat for all! Not only will one person win an 8 x 10 photo of their favorite TCWR animal resident, but we will release our newest Christmas hit “Silver Tails” for all to enjoy! This parody is sung by talented members of the team and includes precious footage of our animal residents enjoying the snow and special enrichment!
- As we get closer to our goal, we’ll draw the name for someone to win a plush animal of their choice at $25,000.
- Make sure to hang with us because once we raise $30,000, one lucky winner will be wrapping up with one of our popular TCWR throws!
- Finally, once you’ve got us to our $35,000, not only will you be rewarded with the knowledge that you have shown all of our animal residents what it’s like to be truly cared for, but one winner will take home a one-of-a-kind paw painting!
You do not have to donate to be entered to win. Simply monitor our social media pages and your inbox throughout the day for ways to enter.
If you’re interested in #GivingHealth, #GivingHome, and #GivingRefuge during Giving Tuesday, there are several ways to get involved:
- Donate today by clicking the Paypal button below!
- Make a donation the day-of on our website: https://www.turpentinecreek.org/support-us/donate-now/
- Create a Facebook fundraiser as early as you want, extending it through Giving Tuesday.
- Mail checks Friday, November 23, to 239 Tiger Lane, Eureka Springs, AR, 72762.
- Bring a donation to the gift shop the weekend before or the day-of, but denote that it’s for Giving Tuesday.
- Ask your employer if they will match any donation you make.
- Send personal emails, phone calls, text-messages, social media communications, or face-to-face requests to your loved ones to join us in #GivingHealth and #GivingHome.
- Email your “Giving Story” to email@example.com. Your story can be as short or as long as you want and simply needs to say why you’re choosing to support our Giving Tuesday initiative. We will be publishing these to encourage others to give. You do not have to put how much you are donating/plan to donate, and we will not include your full name if you would prefer we didn’t.
- Share your #Unselfies with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Your “unselfie” is a photo of you with a caption that talks about how you’re supporting TCWR for Giving Tuesday. Feel free to get creative and don your favorite TCWR gear, paint your face like your favorite animal, or hold up a TCWR plush animal! Make sure to tag us and use the hashtags #GiveHealth, #GiveHome, #GiveRefuge.
- Encourage your kids to draw photos of their favorite TCWR animals or of a memorable trip to the Refuge and share with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Again, remember to tag us and use the hashtags #GiveHealth, #GiveHome, #GiveRefuge.
- Share our social media updates in the days leading up to the event and on the day-of.
No amount of effort or monetary support is too small and ultimately provides our animal residents with the lives they deserve. Help us make “happy tails” come true on Giving Tuesday, November 27.
Donate For Giving Tuesday Early Today!