Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge (TCWR) in Eureka Springs, Arkansas is expanding operations and is currently interviewing for a part-time Promotions and Events Coordinator Assistant. The ideal candidate will be passionate about animal advocacy; have working knowledge of traditional and digital marketing practices, methods and platforms; and be a creative, self-motivator with highly developed interpersonal communication skills and a drive to succeed within a cross-functioning, team-oriented environment.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge is a nonprofit rescue operation; an ethical animal tourism destination; and a lifetime sanctuary for survivors of the exotic animal trade. TCWR is recognized as one of the nation’s most respected big cat sanctuaries; a “Top Ten” family-friendly Northwest Arkansas attraction; and one of the most popular tourism destinations in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Promotions and Events Coordinator Assistant will be based onsite in Eureka Springs, Arkansas and will assist the Promotions and Events Coordinator who will be working remotely in Springfield, Missouri. This position is a Monday-Friday, part-time capacity (i.e. 20+ hours), but may require some travel and weekend commitments throughout the year.
- Passionate about animal advocacy
- Curious, optimistic and respectful
- Working knowledge of brand development, and traditional and digital advertising methods specific to the nonprofit sector
- Working knowledge of event development and implementation
- Working knowledge of cloud-based services and modern technology, programs and applications (i.e. Dropbox, Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite (Google), Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.) and able to adopt and implement emerging technology as necessary
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized in all aspects of professional communication and business development
- Able to develop and grow new and existing business relationships
- Able to evaluate and interpret marketing data analytics in an effort to develop and/or strengthen new and existing top-line growth opportunities
- Highly self-motivated and able to self-evaluate on a consistent basis
- Assist with developing/growing beneficial promotional relationships
- Assist with creating and implementing brand awareness content
- Assist with traditional and digital marketing initiatives
- Assist with media (i.e. television, radio, online and publication) relations on and offsite
- Assist with reporting marketing updates to leadership team
- Assist with evaluating, developing and implementing fundraising events
- Evaluate/organize incoming donation requests
- Develop and accommodate discount voucher program relationships
- Evaluate and accommodate unique promotional requests
- Accommodate cross-functioning team needs
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Part-time hourly position starting at $12 per hour
- Flexible hours
- Discounts to local/regional attractions
- Onsite employee discounts (i.e. retail and lodging)
If you are interested in applying for the Promotions and Events Coordinator Assistant position, please email a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Ike Wever at firstname.lastname@example.org.