Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide a lifetime refuge for abandoned, abused, and neglected big cats with an emphasis on tigers, lions, leopards, and cougars.
We are looking for a new Lodging Coordinator! We are seeking someone who is high-energy, extremely organized and professional to help our Hospitality Coordinator oversee the Lodging Department. Our department has 10 units, 6 RV/Tent Camping Sites and housekeeping staff of 2-4 depending on the time of year.
Daily responsibilities would be
- Creating a Daily Housekeeping Schedule
- Assisting in the hiring and training of new housekeepers
- Printing invoices for our guests and taking them to Gift Shop
- Emailing our check-in procedures to guests
- Ensuring units are ready for check-in and entering ready rooms into the reservation system
- Answering phones – making reservations and directing calls to the correct department
- Selling and setting specialty packages up in the guest rooms
- Greeting guests at their suite as they check-in to tell them about the Refuge
- Responding to lodging emails
- Responding to TripAdvisor Reviews
- Communicating effectively with other departments
- Reporting any maintenance issues immediately
- Creating checklists and documents to help aid Housekeeping and Guests
- Assisting Housekeepers with laundry and keeping the office clean
- Assisting guests when they have questions or issues with their suites
- Cleaning units when housekeepers call off.
- Assisting with preventative maintenance and cleaning projects such as deep-cleaning, changing lightbulbs, tightening screws, etc.
- REQUIRED – You MUST have previous experience in lodging.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite. Must be able to create and maintain forms and spreadsheets.
- Experience with Reservation Systems. Must have worked in lodging before. We will not consider any person who has never worked in lodging or resort-style accommodations
- Well-organized problem-solver
- Management Experience is preferred, but not required.
The applicant we hire must also have the skills to be able to interact well with our guests and staff. Because all of the proceeds of lodging go to benefit our animal residents, it is very important for the person we hire to look and act in a professional manner to all guests, supporters, and coworkers!
This job will require you to work every weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun)!
If you meet all of the above requirements and want to have a fun, active job that allows you to see animals every day, this is the job for you! You MUST email your resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position. Reference cannot be family members.
Job Type: Full-time
- 7 Paid Holidays (including your birthday). You might be required to work on the holiday, but able to take another day off in place of the holiday.
- 5 days paid vacation days after 1 year (an additional 5 days paid vacation after 2 years)
- 3 days paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave after a year
- Paid weekly on Fridays