The Big Cat Public Safety Act for the 116th US Congress Session (2019-2021) is in the works. Check back soon to get updates and reach out to your representatives.
You Can Make A Difference!
Changing the lives of over 10,000 big cats in captivity starts with YOU!
There are many ways you can help get The Big Cat Public Safety Act passed. With your help, we make a big difference!
- Contact your Representative about The Big Cat Public Safety Act
Spread the word on social media about The Big Cat Public Safety Act.
- Talk to your friends and family about supporting The Big Cat Public Safety Act.
- Support only True Sanctuaries (Places that do not allow hands-on interaction with animals).
- Do not participate in any activities that exploit captive big cats (circuses, cub petting, movies/TV with live big cats, magic shows, events with live big cats, etc.).
- Do not share cute pictures or videos that feature big cats being held, handled, or kept as pets by anyone but a professional.
- Sign up for updates about The Big Cat Public Safety Act so you know what is currently happening with it
- Do not give up! One voice can be the deciding factor that can tip the scales! These animals have no voice, help them by being their voice.
Where in Congress is the Big Cat Public Safety Act Currently At?
The newest session of Congress started on January 3, 2019. This means the previous version of the Big Cat Public Safety Act did not pass and it will have to be reintroduced into both the House and the Senate.
What does this mean?
There are people currently working on making some changes to the Big Cat Public Safety Act so that it can be reintroduced.
Should I still contact my representative in Congress even though the bill hasn’t been reintroduced yet?
YES! The more support that is shown to Congress the more likely it will be passed once it is introduced. If we can get a strong showing of co-sponsors immediately it will be more likely to get through the subcommittee. And once the bill reaches the floor the co-sponsors will be able to help get the bill passed.
When does the 116th session end?
The 116th session of Congress runs from January 3, 2019, to January 3, 2021. This means we have plenty of time to raise awareness about the plight of big cats in captivity.
What else can I do to support The Big Cat Public Safety Act?
Do not stop spreading the word. The big cats need your help. Keep sharing the word, keep checking the status of co-sponsors, continue to refuse to participate in the exploitation and abuse of big cats. Change cannot happen without continuous support. Become a champion for big cats and become their voice.